Translate

Monday, October 20, 2014

The Acquisition of a Skill


In open lab, we had to pick a skill to learn that could be physically demonstrated in front of the class.  For my skill, I chose yoga.  It's something I've always wanted to get into, so this was the perfect opportunity.  So, by November 24th, I will have mastered at least ten yoga poses.  Yoga has always been intriguing to me because it's supposed to be very good for you physically and it is supposed to help with stress.  I am a very stressed person that last part was the real seller on the topic.  I hope to continue to use yoga in the future to keep me stress free, physically fit and flexible.  So far I have already mastered the forearm bridge pose (first picture) and the first preparation pose (second picture) to successfully complete a supported headstand. The link below discusses the physical and mental benefits of yoga.
Question of the day:  If you could learn any skill what would it be?
Let me know down in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Apparently, my answer to your question would be crocheting :) That being said, how much time have you had to dedicate to this skill? Your progress has been really impressive from an outside perspective.

    ReplyDelete