Translate

Thursday, May 7, 2015

English Updates

As of today, I have completed my second set of standards!  I turned in my last essay of  sophomore year, and I couldn't be more proud!  (The infamous last essay was a court case write up on Nixon v. United States [1974] if you wondering.)  I'm so incredibly proud because as of midterms i was quite behind on my english standards, and by that I mean I had turned in basically nothing.  But in the past three weeks alone I turned in 5 paragraphs, 1 short essay, 4 single sitting responses, and 2 full length essays.  It's sorta a highlight of my procrastination skills, but i'm more ashamed of that than I am proud.  I'm proud of the determination I showed to complete these standards by the preset deadline.   It actually taught me an important lesson on long term planning and how necessary it is.    And it's all thanks to Open.  If I hadn't been in Open I never would have been allowed to put all of this work off until the last moment, and then I wouldn't have stressed over getting all my work done.  However, I was in Open so I do have these experiences that I can utilize when I go off to college!

No comments:

Post a Comment